We are looking for a passionate and ambitious UI/UX designers to join our international team of creatives. Working as part of a team you will help design and deliver outstanding websites and apps for our predominantly Chinese client base. This requires working with marketers, creatives and developers in China, Brazil and the UK. This is a perfect role for those seeking a new and fresh challenge to sink their teeth into.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to customer/user experience practices
- Translate business and customer requirements into meaningful interactive experiences – taking big ideas and working collaboratively to evolve them into usable features.
- Work with clients and teams on UX strategy and establish vision and direction
- Work with the team lead on new business, pitching and proposals
- Develop user interfaces (wireframes and clickable prototypes) through to production
- Working with research to help inform and validate solutions to user problems.
- Provide insight into UX design trends, competitor analysis and what innovations are happening in both web and Apps.
- Use and help develop design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Work with Product Manager to decide on KPIs to measure design benefits of your solutions.
- Deliver changes to the user experience that have a direct impact on improving conversion, NPS and performance
- Support user research and evaluate user feedback with design work and practices
- Create and maintain brand identity systems including logos and style guides
- Three or more years of industry experience
- A bachelor’s degree in design (e.g. visual communication, interaction, graphic, product, industrial), or a related discipline
- A portfolio that demonstrates your experience in interaction design, your design thinking and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Chinese aesthetics and culture will be advantageous but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in multidisciplinary teams and with clients
- Ability to manage projects and mentor junior team members
- Great conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience of designing for multiple platforms, such as web, mobile and responsive design
- A monthly salary of ¥10,000 – 20,000 RMB (dependant on experience)
- An annual personal development fund
- Play a key part in growing Serica Consulting’s brand with foreign-owned companies in China and benefit from rapid, performance-based, career development as a result
- Say goodbye to the 9-5 grind, develop your own flexible schedule, then just achieve the agreed upon targets
- Extensive cross-cultural communication training on Chinese culture and business practices
- 28 days paid holiday per year (including national holidays)
- Full visa sponsorship for working visa and residence permit
How to apply
Send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Serica UI/UX Designer – Shanghai’. Applications close at 18:00 on the 23rd of August. Please note: applications that do not contain a portfolio will not be considered.
Click here to view our vacancies in China, Britain and Brazil.